You have yours Niche side or Website and now want to use social networks in addition to traffic from Google? This is a good idea, otherwise you are wasting valuable potential that your competitors could use. Like you in Social media We’ll show you how to get started right in this article.
Develop a feeling for the target group
In the first step, you should determine your target group. This is always easier said than done. Doesn’t each of us somehow have everyone in Germany as a target group who wants to buy the product or use the service? That is why it is sufficient to set these at a higher level at the beginning. Answer the following questions:
- Do I sell to companies or private customers?
- Are my customers older or younger?
- Do they live anywhere in Germany or is my service more of a big city thing?
- What education could they have?
- Is my service something for families or singles?
- Can I put my target group in a drawer (hippsters, punks, managers …)?
Reading tip: Take a look at our social media checklist
Select social networks
So you notice that with the first questions no direct target group can be determined, but you do get a feeling. If you use a method to determine the target group, it is usually wrong anyway or only vaguely right. Therefore, these few questions are enough. Now think about which networks your target group could use. Here are the characteristics of each network. Tip: Take 2-3 (preferably 2) and concentrate on these.
- Facebook : offers a target group for pretty much every topic. In the meantime, however, it is no longer as effective as it used to be, especially for those aged 18-21.
- Twitter : Good for topics that can be covered by hashtags. Check whether your hashtag is discussed there (example: #Sports shoes # B2BMarketing).
- Instagram : Good for products and services that you can represent with a photo.
- Pinterest : Good for leisure topics such as architecture, decoration, food, fashion and DIY.
- Google Plus : Rather technical topics but hardly any users in Germany
- Xing : More like national B2B customers
- Linkedin : International and national B2B customers
Tip: Look what the competition is doing, in which networks are they active? Do they have a lot of followers on Twitter or likes on Facebook, for example?
Try it out and expand your reach
Now post some articles on your selected networks and see how they are received. At first you have to advertise this a bit. Best for 7 days with 7 euros (1 euro per day). See how the click rates are and play with the times when you post. For the times we can give you the following recommendation:
- Facebook: 6 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Twitter: 8 a.m. – 10 a.m.
- Google+: 2 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- Xing and Linkedin: 8 a.m. – 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Instagram and Pinterest: 12 noon – 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Now play something with the content. You can find a nice example in the article on Facebook Marketing. See what content is clicked and how often. For example, advertise 3 items for 7 euros each for 7 days (1 euro per day). You will notice that everyone has been clicked more or less. So you can do yours Content optimize. In addition to the content, make sure that you have a good headline. Show the benefits of the article directly. For example, you can give tips, save time or give instructions. You can find tips on this in our Articles for blog articles headings .
Reading tip: Facebook Marketing
When you find that everything is going well, you can start to get yourself a tool. These tools are able to carry out your current activities fully automatically. You should only do this once you are sure what your social media strategy looks like. We explain the possibilities and setup using an example in the article under this paragraph.
Reading tip: social media for the niche side
Alternative: adopt a social media strategy
Do you notice that building a social media strategy takes a lot of work and want to start right away? Then you can also buy an existing website and take over the social media strategy. You can build on the knowledge of your predecessor and savor his successes. Take a look at our advertisements whether there is something for you right now.
Did you like this post? Then support Projektify eV and its members with a voluntary donation or simply by one Click on one of the banners of our advertising partners. Many Thanks!
We offer guest articles and sponsored postsYou have your own, interesting thoughts around the theme world of the blog and would like to share them in a guest article on my blog? - But gladly! You can thereby address customers and professionals.
Gendernote: I have used the masculine form for ease of reading. Therefore, unless an explicit distinction is made, it always refers to women, diverse as well as men, and people of all origins and nations. Read more
Spelling: I translated my German Blog to English - so you can also read my Recommendations. Please be sorry if this English is not so good.
Image-Source Titlepicture: Fotolia.de 2016 – buyed License